- This dogodek has passed.
Bringing DIH Slovenia to Romania: Governance Innovation Forum (Bucharest, Romania)
13. junija 2019
Governance Innovation Forum, under the auspices of the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the
European Union, is organized by the Aspen Institute Romania and the Ministry of Communications and
Information Society of Romania on the margins of the annual European Conference Digital Assembly
and benefits from the partnership of the World Bank and the German Marshall Fund of the United
States, Bucharest Office.
The Governance Innovation Forum aims to create a platform for expertise, good practice and ideas in
search of innovative solutions for improved governance and policy making in Romania. The Forum is a
direct result of the region’s determination to strengthen its public service delivery and enhance good
governance. The event will engage government officials, business associations and leaders, technology
enthusiasts as well as representatives of the NGO sector in order to debate and propose solutions to
drive governance efficiency.
The Forum is part of Aspen Institute Romania’s Governance and Society Program, which is one of the
main policy programs of the Aspen Institute Romania, aiming to foster good governance and increase
the social responsibility of decision-makers in Romania. The format will encourage an animated
exchange, allowing for lively, interactive and substantive debate, ensuring an open-minded and
intensive innovative exchange among all participants.
- Learn stream – Share successful experiences, good practice and lessons learned in capacity building actions and programs in Romania, European Union and larger Black Sea are;
- Engage stream – Bring together recommendations from different international organizations – OECD, Council of Europe, World Bank, EBRD, UN – and collaboratively design a road map for good governance;
- Innovate stream – Establish an annual event that focuses on government and hands-on innovative solutions in order to help Romania overcome its development challenges.
- Areas of interest
- E-government, digital transformation and innovation;
- Accountability, transparency and quality of public services;
- Public policies formulation and implementation designed to strenghten
public institutions in order to deliver high-quality public services.
- Areas of interest
We are delighted that the event will host our directress Emilija Stojmenova Duh, PhD, as a speaker to contribute to the success of the Governance Innovation Forum.